Click to enlarge above images
The UK economy is booming for importers looking to take advantage of conditions in the marketplace at the moment.
The latest Financial Times review of UK economic conditions references the latest available market data up to Nov 13 2015, and highlights key elements that are contributing:
- UK consumer confidence remains at highest level since 2007
- strong retail sales growth trend caused by low interest rates and inflation
- surging GDP per head is at pre-recession peak levels
- strong sterling has reduced cost of imports
- UK economy outgrew pre-recession levels in Q2 2013 and has continued growing
- strong sterling has pushed down retail prices, boosting retail further
Conditions are excellent for importers who are introducing new supplies, brands and products, or who are looking to expand their current UK marketplace.